Check out the podcast I host with two other writing professors
Thursday, September 6, 2012
Simple Love Spell for Beginners
Love spells are powerful juju, and should be performed with care. Keep in mind that it's not the ingredients or the exact steps that matter so much as your intent and personal investment. If your heart is in the right place and your belief in the spell is pure, this is the most powerful magic of all.
Perform this spell under a full moon. The Harvest Moon coming up on September 30th will be especially ripe for love, since this is a time of abundance and reaping, but any full moon will do.
A sheet of paper
A red pen, especially one you use often for private writing such as journaling
Pink or Red rose petals (other types of flower petals can work, but roses are best)
Your signature scent (perfume, essential oil, etc. If you don't usually wear a scent, choose one that appeals to you--one you would wear if you were a perfume kind of girl)
Your signature red or pink lipstick (if you don't usually wear lipstick, choose a shade you like)
One bottle with a tight-fitting cork
1. On the night of the full moon, list the qualities you're looking for in a lover on the sheet of paper using the red pen. Do not write the qualities of a specific person; just record your wish list. Be honest.
2. Anoint the paper with your signature scent.
3. Roll the paper into a tight scroll and gently place it inside the bottle.
4. Hold the rose petals in your right hand. Visualize yourself radiant and in love.
5. Squeeze the petals tightly in your hand. Hold this vision of yourself for as long as you can. See it clearly. Savor the joy of it.
6. One by one, drop the petals into the bottle. Seal the bottle with the cork tightly.
7. Apply your lipstick and kiss the bottle, imprinting the glass with an impression of your lips.
8. Under the full moon, launch the bottle into a moving body of water. This can be a river, creek, or ocean, anything that flows.