Fiction School

Fiction School
Check out the podcast I host with two other writing professors

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Audiobook-A-Go-Go!

My new microphone just arrived--I seriously love this baby! She's so pretty, so 1940s, yet very simple and practical. Plugs right into my computer! I plan to record audiobooks now, a lifelong dream of mine. I love reading books aloud, and I devour audiobooks at an alarming rate. Until now the hope of producing my own audiobooks seemed rather impractical and hardly worth the effort, but now that Amazon purchased Audible and started the Audiobook Creation Exchange, it seems much more doable. I'll keep you posted. I still have questions, but I'm determined to get answers and make this dream come true. There's just nothing like someone telling you a story, and there's nothing so revealing for a writer as reading one's work aloud.

No comments: